Some ideas on where we can go to gather Git Rev News material.
For every upcoming edition, do the following:
- Create a new edition-[number].md file in some draft directory.
- Post a mail/thread to the Git dev list asking if
there’s anything anyone wants included in the upcoming edition.
- Post an issue in this GitHub repository asking for
comments/contributions - anyone can comment on this, or send pull-
requests for editing the edition.md file.
- When the time comes to release the edition, move the edition.md file
into some designated publishing directory, so it appears in
the feed on git.github.io/rev_news/.
- Announce the edition to the Git mailing list plus any social media channels you prefer.
- Send the newsletter email (manual process using Mailchimp) -
basically just copying the edition into MailChimp for publishing.
Everyone from the editor team should have account access.
Links can be handily collected using a browser extension like diigo,
but note that popular may be duplicated by other contributors.
When adding links, this is a great tool: chitsaou/copy-as-markdown